Lynn Baumann handles the day-to-day cash management as well as internal auditing across the Central Recovery Companies. She also assists on special financial and HR projects as needed.
1. What made you decide to come to work at Central Recovery?
Prior to Las Vegas Recovery Center opening, I was already working for Mr. Smith in another capacity, so this was a natural extension of my job.
2. What do you like best about your current position?
Every day is different; there is always something new and exciting going on. I have learned more working for Central Recovery than in all the other jobs I have previously had.
3. Describe how your position contributes to the CR mission.
Even though accountants are not usually in a position to help those suffering from a substance use or mental health disorder, making sure all bases are covered in the background allows the client to receive the help that they need from the professionals at LVRC.
4. How do you measure your own success?
I measure success by doing the best possible job I can do everyday.
5. Describe the leadership skills you feel you have.
I try and really listen; right now this is my most important leadership skill. I am also a great researcher and I think I work well with others.
6. What is the wildest idea you have had in the past year outside of work?
My wildest idea is to follow the path of Stu Redman in the Stephen King novel The Stand, from Maine to Boulder, then on to Las Vegas.
7. What do you like to do in your free time?
Read, read, and read! I also like hanging out with my family and three kitties.
8. Tell us one thing that people may not know about you.
I love Heavy Metal music.
Want to learn more about CR employees? Read about Melinda Hixon, Central Recovery’s Senior Accountant.